- 26-Jan-2015 to 02-Feb-2015 (CST)
- Dry Prong, LA, USA
- Full Time
Steward/ Kitchen Worker
SUPERVISOR: Chef, Sous Chef, Lead Cook EXEMPT (Y/N): No
Responsible for the cleanliness of the kitchen area, to include : dishes, pots and pans, floors drains, and equipment . Accountable for sanitation efficiency and operation of the areas of the kitchen they are assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following (other duties may be assigned):
• Pre-soak and Pre- wash dishware and silverware.
• Operate Dishware machine according to manufacturers instruction's. (See Supervisor )
• Places and removes tableware from dishwashing racks.
• Checks all tableware, kitchen pots and pans, utensils etc. for cleanliness and rewashes unsatisfactory cleaned items.
• Stacks tableware according to size and likeness for future use in correct place.
• Polishes chafer's and other items as needed for service.
• Report's all tableware breakages and damages of any equipment to supervisor.
• Dismantles stove's, oven's, grill's, and broiler's on daily and weekly basis as instructed by supervisor.
• Scrapes each equipment item with wire brush as needed and applies cleaning solution to clean, and reassembles each unit when all pieces have been rinsed and sanitized.
• clean hood and ventilation system as needed.
• cleans Grease trap pans from Hood and Grills daily.
• Transport food and supplies to storage areas and coolers, using the ( fifo ) method of
• Puts supplies away..
• Performs janitorial duties for all kitchen's : mop's floor's, scrub's wall's, picks up and takes out trash.
• Adheres to all regulatory duties as assigned.
• Follow's all departmental SOP's.
• Adheres to all other duties as assigned.
ACCESS TO SENSITIVE AREAS AND INFORMATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must successfully pass drug screen and tribal gaming commission licensing. Tribal preference.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma/GED. Minimum one year experience in in a Multi High Volume Food Operation Must be able to read and understand ( MSDS Sheets ).
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to stand long periods of time in one's location. Requires lifting up to 75 lbs. Requires transporting, pushing, pulling and maneuvering large loads weighing up to 300 lbs. Requires normal sense of smell, taste, touch, and sound. Requires the use of electrical equipment and sharp utensils. Requires regular, consistent attendance. Work area may be small with heavy production.
Serve-safe food handler card
- Auto-fill Application Using LinkedIn
Sign Up For Job Alerts!